International Tequila Festival Johannesburg 2020
Mexican Sombrero’s on and get your dancing shoes out for Johannesburg’s
first-ever International Tequila Festival 2020. The event will feature 30 Tequila, Mezcal
and other Agave spirits. It will be a rocking Mexican fiesta with food, drinks, music and
masterclasses showcasing the best Global Tequila & Agave Brands in Johannesburg.
The festival will be running over two days. So if you are an aficionado or just sampling
for the first time, you’ll have ample time to check it all out!
Did you know: Tequila & Mezcal are spirits from the Agave plant and have a
geographical trademark for manufacturing in Mexico. However, we have our own local
production here in South Africa! Step up Karoo Agave Distilleries who will parade their
local craft produce in the festival expo area.
It’s a great opportunity for all the Tequila Loving people to taste, appreciate and learn
from the makers of these fine brands and brush up on their agave appreciation.
The Festival will showcase:
- Masterclasses - where you will learn the art of Tequila cocktail making, information
about the origins of agave & tequila, direction of the industry & future trends.
- Live agave processes to further your understanding of where this magical liquor
- Food & spirits pairings, so you can harness all the flavours.
- Mexican cook-offs like a mini Masterchef.
- Chili-offs for those of us who can handle the heat!
- Mechanical bull riding to get us a little more yeeeehaaa!
- And last but not least an impressive line-up of local South African bands & Djs - after
all tequila is a party drink. So let’s PARTY!
- Open for the family on Sunday 5th April with entertainment for the kids.
Good Luck, Pascal & Pearce, Yanga Sobetwa, Jarrad Ricketts, Majozi, Real Feels and
We will also be hosting a Battle of the Bands contest taking place during the
International Tequila Festival 2020 with up to R10 000 in prizes for the winning Band so
join in and support your favorite artists.
Festival-goers can taste amazing brands like Sierra, Don Julio, Altos, Ponchos, Espolon,
Avion, Montelobos, Kah, 4th Rabbit, Three Agaves and 30 more different bottles,
experience the Schwepps Tequila Cocktail Bar, Tequila Cocktails and Tequila Food
This is not an event you want to miss since the Super early birds are selling at only
R149. Keep updated on the Festival at www.internationaltequilaco.com
When: 04 - 05 April 2020
Where: Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens -Roodepoort